Our client is a leading pharmacy benefit manager. They continue to experience substantial growth by capitalizing on new and existing market opportunities and improved product offerings. Business growth and financial success are supported by the continued investment in technology, a commitment to operational excellence, and their workforce.
Under a broad corporate plan, develops policies, procedures, technical standards, methods, and schedules for the IT Business Systems function. Directs the IT business systems activities for the organization. Implements comprehensive long and short-term IT business systems strategies, policies and plans. Responsible for the maintenance and use of IT business systems resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships between information technology and other functions within the organization. Develop and maintain business system roadmaps for the evolution of our business systems portfolio over a multi-year time horizon. Provide recommendations for more effective and efficient business systems, as a means of generating competitive advantage for the business.
- Maintain the organization's awareness of developments in IT business systems and application development for the formulation of long- and short-range plans for the acquisition, development, and implementation of new business systems and application development techniques.
- Responsible for managing the business systems portfolio, including all phases of the business system lifecycle from solution design and definition to deployment and support.
- Develop policies, procedures, technical standards, methods, and schedules for the IT business systems function.
- Evaluate options for improving IT business systems performance and reliability and report to management on IT business systems plans, projects, performance and related matters.
- Negotiate purchase and/or maintenance contracts for business systems. Manage outsourced IT business systems projects, including the scope of work, budget, completion status, and required on-site access.
- Manage key business systems service provider relationships including contract negotiations, pricing & evaluation of current & potential partnerships.
- Establish, monitor and take responsibility for an annual IT business systems budget as a part of the overall IT budget.
- Provide leadership to managers; may also provide leadership to supervisors and/or professional staff. Has accountability for the performance and results of multiple related units. Develop departmental plans, including business, production, operational and/or organizational priorities.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of related experience; previous experience managing or supervising employees.
- Extensive IT project management experience.
- Superior technical background.
- Extensive experience leading with an agile mindset.
- Prior experience building and managing high performing teams; ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills; responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Adept at setting priorities and effectively managing time.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Innovative, future oriented, and open to new thoughts and ideas.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and be a strong influencer.
- Occasional overnight travel
- Currently most employees are remote.
- Client office is open and adheres to CDC guidelines. There is a essential team working onsite.
- Ultimately, client hopes to return to office.